Alternate Acrylic Backglass artwork of the classic Tales of the Arabian Nights Backglass created by Brian Allen. Officially licensed from Williams!
- Reverse-printed on a 1/8″ thick translucent acrylic backglass (not a thin Translite).
- Double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop.
- Measures 27″x 18 7/8″ to fit in any Tales of the Arabian Nights pinball machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
- Fits all Tales of the Arabian Nights pinball machines
- It comes with a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by the artist. LIMITED TO ONLY 175 ever.
I’m very proud of this new alternate artwork I created for Tales of the Arabian Nights pinball machines and Translite frames, and for Side Blades.
I dug into the Tales of the Arabian Nights (a collection of Middle Eastern folk takes called One Thousand and One Nights) a bit more and tried to add more details from the stories. The Flying Horse from the Squire’s Tale was actually described as a brass, mechanical horse, so I thought it would be really fun to draw it with gears and pulleys, and mechanical wings. I added an evil red Ifrit (or Jinn) in the upper right-hand corner because I’m fascinated by them. I also drew Sinbad fighting an animated skeleton warrior, and a giant cyclops attacking their ship (inspired by Harryhausen’s 7th Voyage of Sinbad).
Easter egg: If you look very closely at the mountains of treasure in the Genie’s cave, I hid a few nods to other classic Williams titles.
Review by Cary Hardy:
This artwork is also available as:
• Limited Edition Art Print: Tales of Arabian Nights 13×19″ SPOT UV Art Print Limited Edition
• Translite: Tales of the Arabian Nights Alternate Translite
• Vinyl Banner: Tales of the Arabian Nights Vinyl Banner