Alternate Translite artwork of the Tales of the Arabian Nights pinball Backglass created by Brian Allen. Officially licensed from Williams!
- Fits all Tales of the Arabian Nights pinball machines
- 26.5″X18.375″ Tall. Measures to fit in any Tales of the Arabian Nights machine, or a lightbox (90’s WMS/Bally sizing). Looks beautiful when backlit!
- White silk-screened backing produces very high illumination
- Extra-thick, rigid Translite (thicker than most factory Translites, including Stern)
- Signed by the artist, Brian Allen
- Reverse-printed on firm, thick, flexible Translite material, with a silk-screened white backing.
This artwork is also available as:
• Limited Edition Art Print: Tales of Arabian Nights 13×19″ SPOT UV Art Print Limited Edition
• Limited Adition Acrylic Backglass: Tales of the Arabian Nights Alternative Acrylic Backglass (Limited Edition)
• Vinyl Banner: Tales of the Arabian Nights Vinyl Banner
About the Artwork:
I dug into the Tales of the Arabian Nights (a collection of Middle Eastern folk takes called One Thousand and One Nights) a bit more and tried to add more details from the stories. The Flying Horse from the Squire’s Tale was actually described as a brass, mechanical horse, so I thought it would be really fun to draw it with gears and pulleys, and mechanical wings. I added an evil red Ifrit (or Jinn) in the upper right-hand corner because I’m fascinated by them. I also drew Sinbad fighting an animated skeleton warrior, and a giant cyclops attacking their ship (inspired by Harryhausen’s 7th Voyage of Sinbad).
Easter egg: If you look very closely at the mountains of treasure in the Genie’s cave, I hid a few nods to other classic Williams titles.
About the Translites:
My Translites use a thicker material than the Translites produced by Stern and some other Pinball Manufacturers. They have a Silk-Screened White layer on the back to give them extra rigidity and helps them light up brilliantly.
NEED A LED FRAME FOR YOUR TRANSLITE?
I highly recommend the LED frames sold by SpotlightDisplays.com – you can check them out here:
They fit all my Williams 26.5″ X 18.375″ Translites.
How to install my Alternate Translite:
(video by the helpful and handsome Cary Hardy)